Sunday 22 January 2012

book review- mini shopaholic by sophie kinsella

so here is my first book review!!! very exciting for me!  i love reading in fact i have dedicated a room in my house just to books and I'm always looking for new books and authors to keep me in paper!!

so I'll start my review of mini shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, and i have to say i was disappointed by this book. I was really hopeful for this book as i have loved her earlier books but after reading twenties girl, which was really disappointing and was a struggle to finish.
I didn't like the way Luke had developed into a total business head, constantly attached to his phone and actually missing his daughters christening, supposedly a really intelligent man but oblivious to Becky's plans. Becky seems to have lost most of her brain cells and has become a caricature of herself, inventing business ideas and running with them without asking the store manager.
the daughter is a sub plot, which given the title of the book was disappointing. she is given free range and is a spoilt brat that gets away with everything.

i did mange to finish the book so I'll give it 1 star out of 5, but i don't think I'll be jumping to buy her next book, which is a shame based on my enjoyment of her earlier books

No comments:

Post a Comment